DIY Music Festival feat. John Mayer, Phillip Phillips, Bruno Mars, & Ellie Goulding!
Summer is all about concerts and music festivals out in the sun! This past weekend a few of my best pals and I went to 2 shows back to back, and it turned into our own little DIY music festival!
On Saturday, July 20th, we trekked out to The Gorge in Quincy, WA for John Mayer’s Born & Raised 2013 tour with special guest, Phillip Phillips! John’s crooner style and ridiculous guitar shredding skills were to die for, and Phillip’s performance definitely solidified his spot in the folk-pop singer/songwriter genre!
For those not familiar with The Gorge and will be heading out there for Watershed or Sasquatch in the near future, here are some tips!
- Bring food and water! (Stuff there is expensive and you are allowed to bring one sealed bottle of water, and food in clear containers)
- Blankets and lawn chairs are a must if you are on the lawn. (Or you’ll be lying on the cold hard ground)
- Bug spray. (If you’re a mosquito magnet like myself, you will not regret it)
- Leave earlier than you think you should to find cheaper/free parking! (Ain’t nobody got dimes to pay 20 bucks for event parking)
- Get to the venue early for first dibs on the best merch. (Lawd know that unisex smalls are the first to go!)
- Be discreet with phone recordings of the concert! (the employees there get mad when they see you recording, also, someone else is probs gonna post it on youtube later anyways, so just enjoy the show!
Bruno killin’ it on the drums (and everything else he does)!
Peace, Love, & Rock n’ Roll,